The Lesser Slave Forest Education Society offers a number of curriculum-based education programs.
We offer curriculum related programs through interactive fieldtrips and classroom presentations to schools and community groups. We also create programs specifically for teacher workshops or your individual class needs.
CLICK HERE to download and view a copy of our Lesser Slave Forest Education Society School Programs!
Our programs enhance classroom instruction with field experiences that employ hands-on, sensory-based activities and encourage problem solving and critical thinking (click on each title for more information on curriculum related programs):
- Kindergarten – Environment & Community Awareness
- K- Grade 3 – Wildlife Discovery
- Grade 1 – Needs of Plants and Animals
- Grade 1 – Seasonal Changes
- Grade 2 – Small Crawling and Flying Animals
- Grade 3 – Animal Lifecycles
- Grade 3 – Rocks and Minerals
- Grade 4 – Waste and Our World
- Grade 4 – Geography and It’s People
- Grade 4 – Plant Growth and Changes
- Grade 5 – Wetland Ecosystems
- Grade 6 –Trees and Forests
- Grade 7 – Interactions and Ecosystems
- Grade 7 – Plants for Food and Fiber
- Grade 8 – Freshwater Ecosystems
- Grade 9 – Biological Diversity
- Grade 10-12 – Biology 20 / Science 20
- Grade 9-12 – CTS Forestry Modules
- Grade 9-12 – Forestry Careers
- All Grades – Firesmart Presentations
We provide teacher workshops to junior and senior high teachers interested in learning more about current environmental forest management concerns in the boreal forest.