The Board of the LSFES is committed to:
- Coordination of forestry related educational and career initiatives while aiming at youth involvement.
- Creating a greater public awareness of the importance and of the many dimensions of our forests in the Lesser Slave Lake Region.
- Provision of bias-balanced information to the public and our youth on forestry related matters.
- Continuing to support and fund forest and forestry education in the region.
- Providing professional expertise and resources to maintain the society’s objectives.
The Board of Directors for the Lesser Slave Forest Education Society (as of November 2019) is comprised of:
- PRESIDENT – Sherman Horsman
(Harvesting Superintendent – Tolko Industries)
- TREASURER – Cheryl Atkins
(Technical Manager-Slave Lake Pulp)
- DIRECTOR – Kevin Albrecht
(General Manager – Alberta Plywood)
- DIRECTOR – Neal Knoot
(Plant Manager- Vanderwell Contractors Ltd.)
- DIRECTOR – Patti Campsall (Non-Voting)
(Executive Director – Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation)
- DIRECTOR – Emma Farnham
(Woodlands Supervisor- Tolko Industries )
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – Cori Klassen
(Lesser Slave Forest Education Society)
> For Director Contact Info Email: email@example.com