The Board of the LSFES is committed to:
- Coordination of forestry related educational and career initiatives while aiming at youth involvement.
- Creating a greater public awareness of the importance and of the many dimensions of our forests in the Lesser Slave Lake Region.
- Provision of bias-balanced information to the public and our youth on forestry related matters.
- Continuing to support and fund forest and forestry education in the region.
- Providing professional expertise and resources to maintain the society’s objectives.
The Board of Directors for the Lesser Slave Forest Education Society (as of January 2017) is comprised of:
- PRESIDENT – Sherman Horsman
(Harvesting Superintendent – Tolko Industries)
- TREASURER – Diane Smith
(Public Member – DawsonSmith Consulting Ltd.)
- DIRECTOR – Gordon Sanders
(Chief Forester – West Fraser)
- DIRECTOR – Bob Jackle
(Process Technologist – Slave Lake Pulp)
- DIRECTOR – Corinna Horsman
(Teacher – C.J. Schurter School)
- DIRECTOR ( Alternate) – Allan Bell
(Woodlands Manager – Tolko Industries Ltd.)
- DIRECTOR – Patti Campsall
(Executive Director – Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation)
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – M.J Munn-Kristoff
(Lesser Slave Forest Education Society)
> CLICK HERE TO CONTACT US